Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Spinach Dip

This is another post from an iPad, so please forgive the formatting ... Or lack there of. They say these things are great, but I'm all thumbs when it comes to tablets.

Anyhow, I made this dip last year for thanksgiving and it was the one thing my grandmother specifically recommended. And I just had to oblige.

You start with two 8 oz packages of cream cheese and 1 cup of mayo. Blend them together in a larger mixing bowl. Meanwhile, crisp up 5 bacon strips and chop them into little pices after you drain off the fat and greese. 

Add 4 oz of shredded cheese and 1 chopped green onion to the bowl. Next chop up one 8 oz can of water chestnuts and mince one clove of garlic. Add them to the mix too.

1/2 tsp seasoned salt and 1/8 tsp of pepper join the mix. Finally I like to finly chop the greens from celery and add them to the mixture. I like to slice fresh celery to serve with this dip, so why let the green leaves goth waste? 

Buy a round loaf of bread, hollow out a bowl, and bake the mixture until it is hot & bubbly. Cube up the bread you removed and serve the with the celery stalks to scoop up this wonderful dip. If my grandma likes it, anybody will.









No comments:

Post a Comment