Sunday, July 20, 2014

Lemon-Basil Pasta Salad


Here's another great summer side that is bright and fresh. It is really easy to make too.


I started by thinly slicing some of my trusty garlic scapes. The crunchy, mild garlic flavored little gems can be very versatile. And a small pack for $1 will last a long time.


Next I grabbed some fresh basil leaves from our garden.


Stack them together and roll them up like a sleeping bag.


Then you can slice through them to make nice little strips.


Boil some whole-wheat spiral pasta in salted water and drain.


Slice up a bunch of cherry tomatoes. I have taken to quartering them lengthwise. I think they look cool that way.


Mix it all together in a larger bowl with equal parts olive oil & lemon juice (I used about 1/4 cup). Top it with some Parmesan cheese and you're ready to go! The lemon & basil provide a lot of freshness to this salad. The acidity from the tomatoes and the salty Parmesan cheese make it really quite tasty. I have actually made this twice already. I think it's a great fresh pasta salad for the summer that is a break from the mayo-heavy sides at most summer get togethers.

No comments:

Post a Comment