Sunday, February 24, 2013

Pork & Muenster Panini


This is a leftover (l-word).  I used the apple & radish stuffed pork loin to make this panini.  We have a panini press -- which is essentially a wide, flat George Forman grill.

I took the pork and rough chopped it into bite-sized pieces.  Then spray the top and bottom of the hot press with butter flavored non-stick spray.  You could use butter on your bread; but we prefer our panini's to be a little cleaner and crisper.  The butter would make it a bit ... I shouldn't say greasy ... but wetter?

Next comes a twist I got from my wife:  spread apricot jam on the inside of one slice of bread.  This will really make your sandwich sing.  And the apricot plays well with the apples and pork.  Then place that slice on the press and layer the pork atop the jam.  Top it with a slice of muenster cheese, add the top slice of bread, and close the top.

Now squeeze the top town.  We like our paninis to be crisp and thin.  I served this with some leftover french onion soup and we had a nice little dinner one night.  It's a quick & easy way to make a delicious meal and not waste food.


No comments:

Post a Comment