Thursday, May 8, 2014

Quick Parmesan Garlic Bread


This is something I have made for a long time. It's a super quick & easy compliment to any Italian dish you make. I'll give you a few pointers to make it easy and foolproof.


This can be made with regular sliced bread. It's alright. But when you have some French bread or Italian bread it's even better.


One time I sliced right into the webbing of my hand in between me thumb and pointer when I was slicing some bread (while holding it). My old roommate, who has been trained at culinary school, pointed out just how wrong my technique was. This seems simple: but just set it down on the counter, place your hand on top, and slice all along the length. It's that simple.


Spread out some butter or margarine, then sprinkle (VERY carefully) some garlic salt on top. You have to use a deft hand or it will be overly salty and unappealing.  In this case I also decided to shred some aged Parmesan cheese on top.


A little Italian seasoning at the end is also a nice touch. Then bake them in the oven until they have toasted up nicely and are golden brown. It should be crunchy on the outside, but still soft in the middle.

Nothing to it! They are great for mopping up sauce like I'll post in the next entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment