Monday, April 29, 2013

Southwestern Salad with Cilantro Dressing



My wife made this delicious salad; but I still need to get the recipe from her.  I know she made the dressing herself using olive oil and a ton of cilantro -- which meant she got to use the food processor, and this handy little salad dressing mixer & dispenser that we got from Crate & Barrel when we got married.

The salad had fresh corn, tomatoes, green onions, red bell peppers, and black beans.  I'll try to get the recipe from her tonight.  But let me tell you: it was delicious.  Her salad was the main item on the dinner menu.  My grilled pork chop was probably more like a side dish (at least in her mind).  

The salad was filling because it had corn & black beans in it.  There was a hint of sweetness from the corn & beans, but it was balanced by onion & cilantro.  I really liked it.  My only advice might be to add a little more olive oil to the dressing so it is easier to pour.  But otherwise I was very impressed.

Next up:  I'm grilling chicken drumsticks with the skin on to go with my wife's pasta salad.  We'll see if she edges me out again ... but I doubt it!  My drumsticks are a big hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment