Monday, April 29, 2013

Strawberry Milkshake


This brings me back to my college dorm days.  We used to eat at this brand new dining hall that was basically like a mall food court.  They had everything -- which probably explains why I gained so much weight my freshman year.

One of our favorite things to do after a meal was to go to the soft-serve ice cream machine and make milkshakes.  We would take the ice cream over to the waffle station and use either chocolate or strawberry syrups to complete our concoctions.  We got the process down really well after a while.  It should probably be called an "Icecreamshake" instead because you really only use a little bit of milk.  That took us a while to perfect.  At first, they were way too runny.

So I decided to make one at home using fresh strawberries.  I loaded a bunch of them into the blender so I would get that fresh strawberry flavor.


Then I added quite a bit of vanilla ice cream, and just a few dashes of milk.  Start by using a (very) little amount, mix it all up, and then see if you need to add more.  Getting the consistency right is the most important thing.

I like to be able to get it through a straw, but only if you have to work at it a little.  To be honest, I like to use a long spoon better.  This was a step up from my college milkshakes because I used a fresh berry.  The natural sugars are so delicious.  And it made me feel a little less guilty for eating a milkshake.  But only a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment