Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Chicken Caesar Salad


I have been trying to work on my food presentation skills.  Since most of you don't get to taste the food I prepare -- I should at the very least try to show you how good it can be.  I think this picture turned out pretty well.  And if you're like me, seeing a picture of a recipe makes me want to make it even more.


You'll start with a classic breading station: flour, eggs, breading mixture.  The breading has whole wheat bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, pepper, mustard powder, and fresh graded Parmesan cheese.  (Yum -- right?)


Press both sides of your chicken into the flour to coat evenly.   Knock off any excess.


Dredge both sides in your egg wash. Allow any excess to drip off.


Then firmly press both sides into your breading mixture.  The flour helps the egg stick, and the eggs help the breading stick.

Heat up some oil in a cast iron pan or a Dutch oven over medium-high heat and cook on both sides until the meat is cooked through and the outside is golden & crispy.  Set on a paper towel to blot any of the excess oil.  Let it rest a few minutes, and then slice for presentation.


You'll notice I did get a little bit of it overcooked. You can either scrape that part off -- or just don't serve that part when you slice it up.

We used a bag salad with the Caesar dressing already included.  We like to add sliced black olives, croutons, and some more freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top.

I love that tangy, briny Caesar dressing to go with a rich breaded chicken like this.  The olives add a little more salty, Earthy taste to everything, and the lettuce & croutons give you a nice crunch.

It tasted as good as it looked.

No comments:

Post a Comment