Thursday, August 22, 2013

Yogurt Partfait -- A Great Snack


For a while now I have had the notion in my head that this blog is only for dishes that require some kind of cooking. But I realized that it can also be a place to have suggestions for good things you can prepare, regardless of how much cooking technique is required.


This is a great idea for a snack or even a healthy breakfast.  I start with some kind of sweet yogurt, then add fresh fruit, and usually granola or cereal.


I had some nice Granny Smith apples so I decided to dice one up.


Then I added some really sweet blueberries.  Look at those great colors!

I heaped a bunch of lite yogurt and two kinds of cereal on top.  I like the freshness and sweetness the fruit provides, and the cereal adds another level of sweetness and texture.  It can be a really filling and satisfying simple snack.


No comments:

Post a Comment