Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Strawberry Breakfast Sandwich


I wasn't quite sure what to call this -- maybe I need some type of creative marketing team to name my dishes.  But this is an open faced sandwich that is delicious for a fresh, light breakfast.  So for now, I'm sticking with "sandwich".

I didn't even know they made Laughing Cow in a strawberry flavor.  For those of you unfamiliar with The Laughing Cow, it's a semi-soft spreadable cheese from France.  They come in little wrapped wedges in round boxes.  My first experience was in Belgium when we bought a fresh baguette and some Laughing Cow to make cheap sandwiches.  And let me tell you, they were delicious.  The Laughing Cow has become much more popular in America recently.  It's great on crackers as well.

Last week at the store we realized they make a strawberry variety.  It is pretty similar to strawberry cream cheese, but probably a little less sweet.


This quick little sandwich is a delight in the morning.  We toasted some whole wheat English muffins, sliced up fresh strawberries, and spread out this tasty Laughing Cow cheese.  It isn't overly sweet, and the berries really freshen everything up.  It's a different way to go rather than using egg, meat, and cheese.

These could be really easy to make in large numbers if you are hosting a breakfast or a brunch.  I promise they will go over really well.

They can also be made with regular cream cheese.  That way your guests can choose.



No comments:

Post a Comment