Monday, August 18, 2014

Beautifully Breaded Chicken


I have seen this idea in our Bon Apetit magazine over & over again ... in a Hellman's maynaise ad!


I wanted a few smaller fillets, so I split the breasts in half lengthwise with a sharp knife. (I left the one on the end alone so I could shred it for quesadillas later.)

Mix together 1/2 cup of mayo with 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese and spread it out onto your chicken.  Top it all with Italian bread crumbs and bake up to 20 minutes (depending on how thick your chicken is) in a 425-degree oven.


This breading locks in all the great moisture of the chicken, while getting that perfectly golden brown crust you really want in a breaded chicken breast.


The mayo & cheese will add a great salty richness to the dish that makes it really decadent and rich. The pictures looked so good I had to give it a try. I'm a sucker for a great breaded chicken breast, and this hit all the notes for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment