Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Apricot Glazed Chicken with Toasted Almonds



Mrs. Hawkeye Plate making a special appearance tonight. Chicken breasts were the sale of the week at the grocery store, so chicken is what we'll be eating this week. It was skin-on, bone-in breasts, but it doesn't take much time to turn them into boneless, skinless chicken breasts and usually for way less money. Knowing I needed to make something with chicken I went to my cookbooks. I found my inspiration in my favorite cookbook Gourmet Today. I have about 100 pages marked with dishes I'll make "some day". 

I wanted to find a sort of sweet dish for the ingredient remix you'll see later this week (spoiler alert), so I settled on Almond Apricot Chicken. It was basically just chicken roasted with apricot preserves, stone ground mustard, soy, and a few seasonings. It was topped with toasted almonds which is a small step that makes a huge difference. 

We just finished a week full of indulgence, so I went with an easy side - steamed broccoli that got mixed in with the apricot sauce. And just to bring a touch of reality to the blog, I burnt the rolls. They went from doughy to burnt in a just a minute. Seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment