Sunday, June 15, 2014

Pulled Pork Loaded Baked Potato


This was a stroke of genius -- if I'm in the patting myself on the back mood.  We had some pulled pork leftovers and a bunch of yukon gold potatoes in the house. You can find my Whiskey & Coke Pulled Pork recipe here. And as always, I have my customary pickled jalapeno peppers on hand. So this dish basically makes itself.

Loaded baked potatoes are a great quick meal idea for a weeknight after you have had a long day. You can go so many different directions with them. It's also a great way to use leftovers. You can add broccoli & cheese, or chili, or taco toppings, you name it!  This time I got a little creative and went the BBQ route.

I added shredded sharp cheddar, sliced green onions, sour cream, pickled peppers, my pulled pork, and this fantastic tangy mustard BBQ sauce my parents bring back from Texas.

This is a super flavorful and filling dish. There is a great acidic & spicy note from the peppers, but the sour cream cools it off. And then you get rich pork and melted cheese, and I'm sold. Yum.



No comments:

Post a Comment