Monday, March 31, 2014

Buffalo Chicken Dip


One of my friends makes this dip all the time -- and it's always a big hit. So when I saw there was a sale on buffalo hot sauce, I took the chance to try it myself. The classic sauce is Frank's. That's really all you need to make great buffalo chicken. 


The recipe didn't call for this, but I was slicing up some celery stalks for this dip and decided to use the leaves. Celery and buffalo wings are a great combination. So I figured it would work well inside the dip. Why not, right?


Then you add softened cream cheese, blue cheese dressing, hot sauce, and shredded chicken. I added some sharp cheddar cheese also on a whim, but you don't need it. I mixed it all together and baked everything until it was warm and creamy.

This spicy and rich dip goes great with tortilla chips, celery, carrots, ... you name it.  I set some out to watch NCAA March Madness with a friend, and neither of us could stop eating it.

(It's best if you serve it warm.)

No comments:

Post a Comment