Monday, March 17, 2014

Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps


I got the idea for this from an interview with Bobby Flay. He described this quick condiment using chopped unsalted peanuts, brown sugar, cilantro, and green onions. True to any Bobby Flay instructions, he also added salt & pepper.  He says not to make this ahead of time, though, because the cilantro will make your peanuts soggy.


Then I made this great Asian Dipping Sauce that I posted about last month.  I also made another batch that was very similar for a marinade for some finely sliced boneless, skinless chicken breasts.



I let that chill out in the refrigerator for 2 hours to soak it all up. Slicing the chicken ahead of time gave it more surface area to absorb the marinade and tenderize it. The acidity in the lime juice, vinegar, and chili paste will help to soften everything. It will also cook super fast. I got a pan really hot and just dumped it all in.  I pulled the chicken out after only a few short minutes and then let the rest of the marinade reduce to make a thicker sauce to pour over top.


I bought a romaine heart wedge and used the largest leaves to make these delicious wraps. The lettuce wrapper keeps it crisp & clean, while giving you a nice crunch. The chicken was super flavorful from that bold marinade. But the peanut topping from Bobby Flay was probably the star. It was sweet & salty and had a great texture to it.

Thankfully I made a big batch of the chicken so I have leftovers. This is a keeper. For sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment